Skip to main content
12:00 am
o'reilly.com. please check it out. we hope to see you again. remember to spin. starts right here. we're looking out for you in 2010. you in 2010. >> and now calendar says 2010 but failed terrorist attack shows obama administration is stuck in 1999 this, administration reverted back to a preseptember 11th mentality. redefining terrorists as criminals and terrorist attacks as man-caused disasters. after the incident president obama remained silent continuing his vacation in hawaii f that doesn't tell you where fighting terrorism falls on the list of priorities well, nothing will. let's take a look at had you this white hus responded in recent days. christmas day attempted bombing of a northwest airlines flight may have been a cles call but the fail add tempt has left many asking how could the obama administration
12:01 am
have let it come that close? homeland security secretary napolitano tried to convince us umar farouk abdulmutallab attempt failed because. >> the system worked. >> the laughable explanation has critics calling for her to step down including new jersey state senate president democrat richard cody since no one thought napolitano's absurd claim the top counter terrorism advisor john brennan was sent on the the sunday show circuit to try to reset the message. >> there was no smoking gun or piece of intelligence says that this guy is a terrorist. >> there may not have been but there were clues this guy spelled trouble. first his father went to the u.s. embassy and cia officials with concerns about his son and extremist tendencies. the nfs was passed along to counterintelligence officials here in the states who did
12:02 am
nudging with it nchl addition it was revealed that the cia new a month before attempt add tack that the crotch bomber had possible ties to yemen baigsed extremists and he spent time in yemen but no one followed up on warning signs. the mi 5 knew had been talking with london extremists three years ago. abdulmutallab had been banned from britain due to concerns. and stating quote, sit clear gaps remain and must be fixed and time the white house gets reschooled in the subject of counter terrorism. because clearly neither the system nor this administration is working the way it should. and joining me now with reaction to the return of america's preseptember 11th mentality is aup former clinton advisor his web site
12:03 am
dick morris.com. happy new year. >> thank you. >> this system worked?. >> no. no. we had all of the evidence in the world that this guy was a terrorist. we, i mean when the guy's father who is a distinguished person in nigeria tells you his son is going blow up a airplane and is yemen now and they have him on a list with half a million people. only reason he's not on a list of 4,000 people, a no fly list is that they cut the list back because of people's privacy concern concern autos let's examine. number one job of the president is keep the country safe. not to vacation in hawaii in the to pass health care. here is the qe. examine and analyze his handling from a to x in this case. >> everybody is missing a key point saying cia should have shared information. and they should have been put on the list and so on. and
12:04 am
obama called it a systemic failure that. is not what it. it's the result of a political reeducation. taken the intelligence community through saying don't profile. don't stick your neck out. don't invade privacy and heaven help you if you finger a guy and he didn't blow something up. >> but he said it was an isolated extremist. i think for political reasons. >> the idea the fort hood guy was just a deranged guy being worried being shipped out. >> i spent time focusing on their characterizing a war on terrorism as a man caused disaster or overseas operation. isn't this preflektive of a mind set that is putting every person out there in danger? >> yes. >> no. >> two mind sets. one is that it's not war. just a crime. and a disaster, and secondly you can't take leaps and can't
12:05 am
make guesses because if you connect the dots you're going to be in trouble. >> is there another big issue the fact they're mirandizing this guy. and what does this guy know? who are the contacts? he's lawyered up. >> yes. >> we can't talk to this guy. we ought to be water boarding this guy. >> this is an example. something where his insis stens on treating everybody as a civil liberties issue gets in the way of intelligence. information we get after water board should not be admission misable. >> you you think we should water board. >> sure. >> you and i going to be hammered because we say this guy should be water boarded. >> mr. blogs i don't think the evidence we get should be add missable in the trial. fifth amendment still exists but it should be actionable for intelligence to break up
12:06 am
other plots. >> we don't know what he knows but here is the deal. if you wrap a bomb in your under wear, and this is an act of terror with the background you have, you have got to assume this is an act of war. >> yes. >> but this man, this this administration would have us mirandizing germans on the battlefield in world war ii. >> the reason september 11th happened is that bill clinton treated 93 bombing as a crime. not an act of war z now, obama going to the same situation. >> this, look. i is a think often. september 11th report they're at war with us. we're in the war with them. what this means politically. number of democrats scott rasmussen has fallen down another six points. congress into 20s. and pell losy into the 20s, democrats right track, wrong track.
12:07 am
obama down, what does this mean? i think we're in one of the most important election cycles in our lifetime. >> i think yes, we are. i think if we don't take our country back in 2010 it's not going to be there for to us take back. the important point i believe is that the... country just got a crash course in how fraudulent idea of a moderate democrat is. that aren't any. it don't exist. >> thank you. >> there are democrats and republicans. i used to be one of them. i used to be a conservative democrat. i'm in the anymore because it doesn't exist. you're other a pelosi reid obama democrat or a republican. you've got to do, a little you're right z i applaud your efforts. because you thought there was a chance to pick off a ben nelson or one of the so called conservative democrats. i didn't think so. i knew once arm twisting began and money started to flow, that it would be hard for them to say no.
12:08 am
>> if you represents more that be just a optimism on my heart. this represents a change in politic interests tl is no such thing as an independent democrat. if you're a democrat, you're a democrat that. is all you can be. >> was this, because every american now is going to pay hundreds of millions of dollars. hundreds of millions of dollars to these states just to buy off, you know cash for culture as they call it. is that bribery sf. >> yes. >> or worse because it's other people's money? >> i think it's bribery. i'm interested in what will come out in next couple years and want to know what net worth of the folks is going to be. i want to follow it into 11 and 12 and say why from nine to 10 do you experience a uptick in the net worth? >> great question. you're going to, i won't ask. we've got carl rove coming up next. you noticed tsa nominee lied himself he was looking into
12:09 am
the background of people did you hear about that? >> yes. it's great. for a guy going to have access to every background check in the world. to catch his wife's... >> yes. >> we're going to -- . >> if the guy running for head of the treasury department and not treasury but labor department, okay? or commerce, it's tsa. he'll have access to everything. >> there is a tax chief running irs you might not have heard about. >> don't worry bit. nobody is on that no-fly list. >> thank you. appreciate it. we'll get into that story with carl rove coming up next, a lot more ahead as this hour of hannity kicking off an important election year. a sneak preview. take a look. >> the person nominated by president to lead tsa had his confirmation held up in the senate. >> do you want the tsa, the guy who's want to take a look at you to be run with someone with privacy problems? >> what they're engaging is
12:10 am
jeopardizing security of the american people. >> carl rove explains. plus, a 2012 contender heads to iowa. right now, michael steel with his 12 step plan to defeat the obama agenda. >> and new video of a deadly shooting outside of a court house. more hannity straight head. host: could switching to geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance? host: does charlie daniels play a mean fiddle? ♪ fiddle music
12:11 am
charlie:hat's how you do it son. vo: geico. 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance. so i couldn't always do what i wanted to do. but five minutes ago, i took symbicort, and symbicort is already helping significantly improve my lung function. so, today, i've noticed a significant difference in my breathing. and i'm doing more of what i want to do. so we're clear -- it doesn't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden symptoms. my doctor said symbicort isor copd, including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. it should not be taken more than twice a day. symbicort may increase your risk of lung infections, osteoporosis, and some eye problems. tell your doctor if you have a heart condition or high blood pressure before taking it. my copd often meant i had to wait to do what i wanted to do. now i take symbicort, and it's significantly improves my lung function, starting within five minutes. symbicort has made a significant difference in my breathing. now more of my want-tos are can-dos. as your doctor about symbicort today.
12:12 am
i got my firstrescription free. call or go online to learn more. [ male announcer ] if you cannot afford your medication, astrazeneca may be able to help. after vacationing 11 days in hawaii through an attempted terrorist attack and all president obama isn't ready to get back to work according to politicallo.com. a reporter asked if he wanted to go back to washington, d.c. he said no and the first lady said let's stay. i'm trying to mount a coup. i vote for the president to stay in hawaii. it will be cheaper for you will of us. he won't be taxing to you death, straight ahead.
12:13 am
investors are demanding more for their money. good. this time, i'm watching fees like a hawk. i hate hidden fees. why should i have to pay for something that i shouldn't have to pay for? td ameritrade's pricing is clear and it's straightforward... it's spelled out upfront. no hidden fees... no bait and switch. no gotchas. and there's one flat rate for online equity trades... for big accounts... or small ones. that's the way it ought to be. time for fresh thinking. time for td ameritrade. all right in light of the
12:14 am
massive security failure exposed by so called under wear bomber team obama is using their own blunder to push through another one of their troubled nominees this one to head the tsa. let's take a look. >> this is the man democrats wanted to take the lead role of making your air travel safe. his name is errol southers and senate democrats want him confirmed to head the transportation security administration. the white house claims that sojers nomination being held up because of partisan politics and senator read's office promising a vote as soon as the senate reconvenes. some republicans led have objected to his nomination because he wants to unionize tsa employees. now, there are other questions about this man's qaul ficks to head the tsa. according to the washington post, sojers gave misleading testimony this fall when admitting to 20 years ago he unlawfully used a law
12:15 am
enforcement data base to run a background check on his now estranged wife's then boyfriend. sonlers rep pri mantdd and admits he made a mistake from n.an october affidavit submitted he said he asked a san diego police officer to run the check. but the day after the economy approved this nomination, sojers admitted in a letter that his recollection was incorrect and he twice run the check himself. convenient timing you heard me right. the nominee in charge of making you take off your shoes admitted to a fly grant violation of someone's privacy. this administration is asking to us look the other way in order to expedite the confirmation. i ask you. does this man make you feel any safer? seems like the fellow that
12:16 am
should be headsing up the tsa and here with reaction is the architect former bush advisor carl rove. happy new year, welcome back. >> thank you. >> and so in october he files this affidavit and said he asked the san diego police officer to do background check. then, says i ran two of them. now, it might have been 0 years ago but is that a lie? >> i think the problem with this is that he cleaned this up the day after it didn't matter. he'd been approved by the committee on the 18th of november, on the 19th he pops up and says... and i misled you in the sworn answers. and so i, look, i'm worried about this. if he had said i received this letter as an fbi agent and left the fbi six months later for unconnected reasons he says but i, you know i did
12:17 am
this wrong. and this would be one thing. 0 years old. guy was forth coming but to say i asked someone else owe do it and then did it. the day after being proved for him to pop up in a letter to lieberman and collins and say i misled you, you know, diit myself, twice. >> yeah. he said he forget. i don't think you forget that. so that makes, first it's an affidavit and then, you say you've for yot it. it doesn't meet the smell test and sounds like a lie. >> that is the problem. it does. it could be. let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt. it could be an example of the dreadful white house screening process nchl this letter to collins and lieberman he says he checked documents. why didn't they look sometime between september, when nominating him and november, when they, the committee voted
12:18 am
or before september announcing he's going to be appointed? so this adds to he's going to enter the job with two clouds, one he misled the economy and second cleaning up the record in a way making him look guilty. and we don't don't know whether he's guilty or not. it's just strange credibility. to handle in this way. >> i agree what. do you make of the handling. the system worked janet napolitano tells us. the president says isolated extremist. he said that. then, talking about a systemic failure but only because of press criticism. you look in total what does it tell you?. >> weather it tells me we've got a gang not going to get its act together. i think it's a mistake not to
12:19 am
be heard from for four days. the white house sent out people trying to reassure the american people. i don't understand why keeping the presz off the stage and not having him explain sit supposed to reassure us and sending out napolitano to say the system worked and robert gibs to say the system worked then the next day for her to have to step back and napolitano to step back and the president saying of course it doesn't work. if something went wrong in this system. it's a complex problem. and we ought to figure out what the problem is and not say everything worked great. but i'll tell you. the two biggest problems on this? the administration's decision. we ought to figure out and find out who made that decision to treat this as a criminal justice matter. this is as -- a relatively new
12:20 am
convert. it means he has not been trained. if he had been turned over to the fbi and not treated as a law enforcement matter but a combatant and turned over to intelligence officials and fbi, who know what's we could have gotten out of this guy? >> that is a... >> now that, is my next line of questioning. the father warned this country about this. we had information prior. apparently the president was some awareness something was going to happen z here is the big question. is this ponl other attacks because we treat him like a civilian and a citizen and mirandize him. now, american lives are in jeopardy. is that a possibility? >> yes. he may not know of plots but knows information in the hands of someone who has been paying attention might provide a brilliant picture illuminates
12:21 am
people and plots and methods to be value yubl to the united states. by failing to do this they've done a very bad thing for the cause of american security. >> carl rove, happy new year, thanks for being with us. >> same to you. su toou one democratic congressman comparing battle of the health care reform to civil rights act and wait until elizabeth banks had to say about little old me. straight head. hey -- who's our best presentation guy? carl. tell carl he's coming to new york with me. i thought you said carl was our best presentation guy.
12:22 am
[ worker ] he is. just last week he told my team about fedex office print online for our presentations. we upload it to fedex office, then they print, bind, and ship it. the presentation looks good, right? yes, but -- wait, you didn't actually bring carl with you. good morning! but i digress. [ male announcer ] we understand. you need presentations done right. fedex office print online.
12:23 am
12:24 am
tonight president obama's so called economic stimulus continues to be exposed as a total waste of your money. a group called north carolina watch dog reports hundred of thousands of dollars were awarded to zip codes that don't exist. the same group revealed million as warded to
12:25 am
nonexistent congressional districts in new mexico that. is comforting news. isn't it amazing the federal government is just able to find new ways to waste your money? each and every day? and now, it's time for great moments in liberal foreign policy. >> and now officially ignoring year end deadlines to comply with a un resolution recording its nuclear program. iran respond bid issuing a quote ultimatum of its own arks cording to the regime if the west st not accept its proposal it will increase production of uranium. tehran weighing in on a rumored visit by john kerry. the hill.com reports iran could deny entry to senator kerry saying it has no plans to negotiate. how will the white house respond to these acts of
12:26 am
defines? maybe the president can invite mahmoud ahmadinejad, he can go to the white house have a beer summit z democrats are ramping up their rhetoric whit comes to health care reform. congressman cliborn comparing battle of the health care reform to the civil rights act. he cited passage of the act as an example of a bill requiring both sides to make significant compromises. recently quoted saying quote the first civil rights bill was very comprehensive and in order for the filibuster to be broken we had to drop off the voting rights act f these two bills are similar how many represents supporting civil rights act had to have votes bought by party leaders? >> are we there yet? >> and you'll soon be able to add another name to the list of republican heavy hitters
12:27 am
visiting key primary state of iowa. mitt rom any plans to visit iowa state university and the stops will be start of the -- part of the book tour when according to the boston globe have him visiting 18 states. the book is set for release march 2. sounds like someone else could be vying for president obama's job in 2012 that. is news tonight and coming up, 12 steps to defeating obama agenda what are they? michael steel answer that's question with a first interview at his brand new book. that and more straight ahead.
12:28 am
12:29 am
>> hi folks, i'm going hollywood. elizabeth banks joining thirty rock in february pr traying a financial talk show host and believe it or not her character is something in common with little old me, she described her character as quote base baesicly sean hannity in a skirt. that is frightening. @=@=@?
12:30 am
hi with, 200 elections approaching chairman of the republican national committee taking matters into his hands, outlining 12 steps he thinks can defeat the obama agenda.
12:31 am
those are outlined in his book. joining me now for a first look at the book michael steele. good to see you. >> before getting into this republicans have been wrong. >> yeah. >> i love that. >> that is the first step to getting well. >> and it's occurred to me this is a step by step process and taking baby steps initially but starts with taking your head out of the navel and paying attention. >> and some people use other terms. >> -- materials terms. >> you've got to look within. we have to understand that we did some things, we walked away from a contract with america and principle leadership trying to be democrat like and trying to be something we're not. you realize opportunities there are to address issue that's americans are concerned about. we wanted to do this. >> let's go through steps.
12:32 am
what are the first couple steps? admit you have a problem, right? >> you've got to start there. once you know where you're starting from next steps get easier. talking about who are we talking about? our principals against what? this reign of error administration is pulling into. >> what are the mistakes? you think because i've been critical of republicans. for abandoning reagan principal autos yes. >> what do you think? >> let's start with the 50% increase in the size of government. let's talk about the spending. and bridges to nowhere. tarp program. let's talk about the walk away from value that's talk about a government that let's in your life and allowing entrepreneurs and small businesses to do what they do best in creating jobs and opportunities. these are the thing that's we didn't talk about in 2008. these this is what the people were looking for. >> there is a good line saying
12:33 am
what democrats are offering minus 10% is a prescription for a permanent republican minority. think that i is true. >> it's very true. we have to understand is that we're the conservative party in this country. that this is our moment to help america move away from the bad policies taking us into more spending and growth of government and putting us on a track to trust people more. >> why should people, i'm asking because i know and talk to people all day. why should they put faith, hope and trust back into the american people? >> are you going to trust someone not free enough to admit there is a problem? no. if i don't see you admit your problem, then how can i trust what you say? >> and once do you that, then, it's got to be followed up
12:34 am
with action that. is one of the things not just in this book right now. and there is drawing out contrast but saying what it is we should be doing. >> there is a positive messages and looking to the future. >> if republican party quotes you as conservative party which i think is the only formula for success, and i've been saying that a lng time, how do you feel with these left wingers that don't stand on those? >> that is one of the dynamics is that we're diverse, northeast is different from the south and west. you look to the leadership in the local communities grooming candidates that stand on these principal that's don't have this sense of i can pretend to be a kochb serve tiff and then vote nancy pelosi's agenda.
12:35 am
that is the line people have begun to draw. >> and i don't think there is a moderate democrat. >> well, no. >> but the question is is conserve tiffs like myself felt like these principles have been abandoned and i want to say the republican party is getting back on track. they're opposed to health care and they're for a strong national defense. there are differences but how do you unite the party when you have these different factions for... because i'm not going to support a olympia snow. >> right. >> i'm not supporting susan collins. >> that is you, where you live. if you live in a community where there is aspects that have republican appealing to you that is fine. you've got to fall down on those core principals and that
12:36 am
thread, common thread defining us. and if you've got four people wearing a hat differently what is the thing they have in common? that hat. the g.o.p. every day. >> but there is a battle. you know this is going on. >> yeah. >> i'm sure you deal with this a lot more. there are those saying for republican party to be successful they've got to be more moderate. >> no. no. >> that is what you hear. >> that is our platform is honest engine on that speaking to some core principals on value of family and faith. life. and economics. don't don't change. you can't remake that because you want the liberal media to like you. those principals l...
12:37 am
>> he said he wants to attack you and me. >> he's got an opening line. like... >> yeah. right. >> like an 11-year-old playing tennis trying to get into my head. >> that is how liberals operate. they've got catchy phrase autos it is. do you hear that? >> then, drawing down on policies and going what is this? when you look on cap and trade and health care those are political decision autos here is what i want. the principles working for contract and reagan. i want a new contract with america. i've been saying this for two years now. >> there will be in a working on this document called first principles. this book talks about how we get to those first principals and you're going see a document that lays out who we are. i think this is an opportunity
12:38 am
for us to speak truth to power and to do so in a way to leading and not obstructing kbu giving learn america the pathway they need. >> i think this is one of the important mid term elections. i'm going to put you on record in january. >> january. >> i'm going to play this back in november. >> i'm there. >> predicks? >> predictions for election? i think overall weerk beginning to do assessments on races but i think given what we know so far and what this administration we're going to see, i think nice pick ups in the house. i think we're going to see nice... >> i can't give a number. like i said we're just now beginning to look at the race and see there are races where... >> do you think republicans can take over? >> not this year. >> you don't think so? >> i don't know yet. we still have vacancies but the question we need to ask is if we do that, are we ready?
12:39 am
>> are you sf. >> answer your question. >> do you think? >> i don't know. that is what i'm assessing right now. those candidates looking to run... have to be anchored in these principals and have to understand... >> i'm agreeing with what you're saying. >> if they don't they'll get to wash and start drinking that potomoc river water and get drunk with power. >> exactly. >> and all right. and mr. chairman good to see you and we'll find out. >> want to see what this is about. >> time to check in. >> thank you chairman. with a sneak peek kicking off the new year, greta goes on the record tonight. >> happy new year, on the record hitting the road. we're down to the wire in health care reform. first up going to be nebraska. jenkins there tonight we're getting latest on the war going down there is that the
12:40 am
state that says this is all about me? or going to take that money? we'll find out about that. and rush limbaugh whark latest is with rush and yemen what. is up with yemen? that and more, back to you. >> greta, we'll be watching "on the record". our best to rush limbaugh. glad things turned out well for our friend. and when we come back, our great, great, great american panel. throbbing over there, our great, great, american panel. ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
12:41 am
12:42 am
12:43 am
tonight on a great american panel he's a former deputy assistant secretary of state, he's got a funny line supposedly. beckel is here. she's... what? everywhere i went on vacation, why are you friends with that guy? she's a republican strategist noel lapor sex back and matt lewis joins the fray. welcome. get it out. what is it? >> you said i have a great opening line. >> i was saying to thespeople who say to you how do you put up with him? i'm mother teresa.
12:44 am
and so, it's fine. i come in, you put me in the back room. you told me if you're going die. die in the shift. good opening line. >> and wait a minute. if you -- there is no state tax if you die between now, until they change the law, they're going change it. democrats can't stop themselves they want our money fchl you die you're going give all of money to the family. a year from now, then 50% goes to the government. die now. >> this is a problem. >> i don't knee you. >> this is a problem you have, not me. >> that is not true. >> i don't have an estate. >> your children will thank me later. >> and this is..., i. >> i want to you live a healthy long live. >> thank you. >> i'd like to eliminate the death tax. >> that is right oo. and that is you know what is in the system worked. the system, you know, our
12:45 am
security systems work. there is a guy with a bomb on his crotch getting on a plane. >> did you feel safer when january yet napolitano came on and said... i felt so much safer. there is 71% of americans saying that they don't want and think that this trial needs to be aware from michigan and new york. 58% think they should water board the panty bomber to get information instead 6... >> that what i said. i said water board. do you know why? i want to know what friends he ma may have planning on putting bombs into jock straps. >> it doesn't have to be add missible in his trial but there f.there is intelligence to get immediaterilee to save
12:46 am
others. >> why not pull his finger nails out and put salt in the wounds, too? >> bob, look... >> the fact of the matter is that i feel safer now. >> are you kidding me? >> this is typical. there is last year have been more al qaeda operatives arrested or killed under obama administration than under eight years. that is progress. one of the reasons he made it through is that most has been spread around because they've been being driven out of afghanistan and pakistan. driven out of iraq. >> you're living in a fantasy world. >> no. i lived in this community unlike you. i can tell you the fact of the matter is that we're lucky we haven't had more of these than we've had. >> and do you agree send them back to yemen? >> there is 576 people back to
12:47 am
yemen. >> was it a mistake? >> i don't know if it was a mistake. >> i'd send them to your house. that is what i'd like to do. >> and you've got to do something. most of the people that went back... >> don't send them back to yemen. >> they went to yemen. >> that is where they're training them. >> and this is bush administration. >> shouldn't he know that doesn't work? >> i'm in the going -- i don't know why they made that decision. >> and there is -- why if we've got a terrorist that is involved in this terrorist attack why won't you want to use enhanced interrogation? >> absolutely. >> you want to be politically correct. >> i think again, it's different between using it to
12:48 am
prosecute them. we're treating them as kriflins and p i think not only is that problematic but could make american... >> i want to... >> vulnerable. terrorists are going to see that. it could emboldenen them. >> i know you love your children. you showed me pictures of your daughter tell meeg about your son, how great in golf. he's a great kid. i cannot believe you, he's your kid. he's such a great kid. but here is... >> that is all seriousness. i know you love your children. let's say your kids are on an airplane and find out this guy is working in conjunction with a guy just arrested but didn't interrogate him. gave an enemy combatant civilian rights and mirandized
12:49 am
him. you won't want them to happen. >> the object of the fbi position on this, 19th september 11th terrorist with ther wording 138 times and got virtually nothing out of it. >> not true. >> and there is a way to cut a deal with this guy. this guy was a very low level guy and we don't know for sure. >> what do you mean? not going to send they will self autos what does he know? who does he know? >> put him into a quarter loss. make him uncomfortable. >> by talking to him? >> have you ever done water boarding or seen it?. >> do you think i water boarded anyone? absolutely not. >> and you think american people decided that we elected
12:50 am
them. >> i don't know. >> we elected barack obama under this premise we can be safer. >> we're safer. >> but no. >> we're not. >> i think american people. >> why are we not safer? >> because a guy guy got into his airplane with a bomb in his under wear. >> there are facts here. >> we've got 700,000 people on that watch list. >> a lot of people have been stopped one gets through that was a mistake. >> did he but they said the system worked. >> it has worked. >> it works well. >> the problem is that they don't think there is a war on terrorism. >> who doesn't? >> there is a point. >> he said it after we criticized him nine and a half months. >> and i'm going to say it. >> he said he wanted to rip my head off. >> throw a football. >> we'll take a break. more. i missed you two weeks. >> i know you did. issed you for.
12:51 am
>> i know. #ñ#ñ#ñ#ññññññññ
12:52 am
12:53 am
12:54 am
santander we continue with our great american panel. we had a shooting at a s go courthouse caught on tape. here the video. [ shooting ] >> shooting outside of a las vegas courthouse. holy [ bleep ] [ shooting ] >> unbelievable!
12:55 am
>> sean: security guard killed, u.s. marshal shot. no motive. >> they were saying something about him -- >> social security. he had a trial on social security and it didn't go his way so he came back. >> that was barack obama's fault that happened. >> george bush's. >> no barack obama, ask anybody on this panel besides me. if i can make one point briefly. i remember when we had the -- that was a sad -- whoever took that footage was brave to keep the camera running. in any event when we had shoe bomber on the plane, remember? that was shortly after 9/11. george bush, there was not a democrat that i could remember that had anything negative to say about george bush took him six days to respond, we didn't say anything. the republicans are jumping all over this issue sending out fundraising letters. it is unamerican, unpatriotic and they ought to take lessons
12:56 am
in patriotism. >> sean: i agree they should take lessons from harry reid who says -- i think they should take lessons from john kerry. >> you don't support the idea of using to raise money in a fundraiser? >> sean: it is extraordinarily naive and irresponsible for 10 months of his pregnancy to refuse to acknowledge the -- of his presidency to refuse to acknowledge the war on terror. >> my point when i made this, if i could repeat it briefly, we did not politicize that issue. let me tell you something if you are going to politicize this, we are americans into this together. we ought to be. not you guys. but these republicans on capitol hill and that idiot sending out that fundraising running for governor. we need to stop doing this and stay together on this issue. >> sean: i find this amazing. this comes up a lot. all of a sudden the tone in
12:57 am
america that barack obama, now -- george bush was called a terrorist, nazi, stupid, dumb, idiot. john kerry accused him of terrorizing children. our troops terrorizing children. >> new strategy the dems have out. two things they want to do. first, keep blaming george bush and the wall street -- associate us with that we are tired of it. >> at what point do the democrats take responsibility? >> at what point do the republicans decide to be patriots? capitol hill taking advantage of this horrible incident and politicizing it are not patriotic. >> democracy is a confrontation of ideas. clearly conservatives and liberals have different views on how to fight terrorism. it is not just about terrorism. >> to raise money? >> what is worse, that or
12:58 am
harry reid telling our troops that are fighting that the surge failed before it started and the war is lost? what is more unpatriotic? is that unpatriotic? >> i don't remember harry reid saying that >> sean: he said the war was lost. >> by the way when you look back on it. -- has this war been won in iraq? >> sean: pretty much. >> 5,000 americans dead, almost a trillion dollars what have we ? >> sean: has there ever been a war where nobody died? >> the month of december, zero combat troops died in iraq. that's a huge victory. >> because we brought -- >> sean: we are getting lost. we have another party crasher that into the white house. let me tell you, as an american patriot, bob and you have been questioning the patriotism of conservatives.
12:59 am
i want our president, i want our first lady, i want all elected officials safe. and i'm thinking, how could you not prevent that from happening again and again? >> also indicative of a larger problem that see our institutions are incapable. if we can't prevent party crashers from coming to the water, how can we tackle winning wars or -- >> three hundred people were invited. your social secretary not manning her post in there as a guest socialize with everybody. think about the list of the airplanes and the do not fly lists 500,000 people on that one, what about that? >> i figured out, it is george bush's fault. >> no, it is not. but the fact is, people started losing faith in institutions when the cia and fbi could not stop 9/11 from

tv
Hannity
FOX News January 5, 2010 12:00am-1:00am EST

News/Business. Commentary and interviews about the day's news.

TOPIC FREQUENCY Yemen 9, Tsa 7, George Bush 5, Fbi 5, Carl Rove 5, Napolitano 4, Hawaii 4, Obama Administration 3, Unpatriotic 3, John Kerry 3, Harry Reid 3, Iraq 3, Carl 2, Symbicort 2, Iowa 2, New York 2, Obama 2, Iran 2, Collins 2, Barack Obama 2
Network FOX News
Duration 01:00:00
Video Codec mpeg2video
Audio Cocec ac3
Pixel width 704
Pixel height 480
Sponsor Internet Archive
Audio/Visual sound, color


disc Borrow a DVD of this show
info Stream Only
Uploaded by
TV Archive
on 9/4/2011
Views
157